Grant funding is available to support businesses impacted by COVID-19 in Marion, Polk and Yamhill counties. Applications will be available on willwp.org until all funding is no longer available.
Below are the criteria for eligibility.
A business must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- The Business is headquartered in Oregon and has its principal operations in Oregon.
- If required by Oregon law to be registered with the Oregon Secretary of State to do business in Oregon, the Business is so registered.
- The Business has 25 or fewer employees.
- The Business was adversely affected in either one of the following two ways:
- For-profit and non-profit (limited to 501(c)(3) corporations) businesses that were prohibited from operation as directed by Executive Order 201-12 For-profit and non-profit(limited to 501(c)(3) corporations) businesses that can demonstrate a one-month decline in sales of % or more, incurred by COVID-19
- For-profit and non-profit (limited to 501(c)(3) corporations) businesses that can demonstrate a one-month decline in sales of 50% or more, incurred by the COVID-19 pandemic, beginning in the month of March 2020 up to the date of this application as compared against sales in the month of January 2020 of February 202, or as compared against the same period of time in 2019.
The following Businesses are ineligible to apply for or receive funding under the Program:
- Passive real estate holding companies and other entities holding passive investments.
- Non-profit entities that do not have federal 501(c)(3) status.
- Businesses that experience a decline in revenues for reasons other than those caused by the COVID-19 epidemic (e.g. seasonal or cyclical business cycles)
- Businesses that are delinquent on federal, state or local taxes that were due before April 1,2020.
- Businesses that do not comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Businesses that have already received grant funds through this State of Oregon COVID-19 Emergency Business Grant program.
- Business that have received more federal CARES funding (e.g. PPP or EIDL) than available to them as set forth by the program in this application.
- Businesses that do not otherwise meet the eligibility requirements set forth above.
Awards to eligible businesses will be made as a grant. The amount of the grant will be the greater of two figures:
- based on the number of employees before the COVID-19 crisis, less the amount of any federal assistance received by the applicant; or
- based on the number of employees before the COVID-19 crisis and the documented amount of fixed operating expenses for the 60 day period of January 1 through February 29, 2020, less the amount of any federal assistance received by the applicant.
- 1-5 employees
- $2,500, or
- 60-day fixed expenses up to a maximum of $5,000
- 6-10 employees
- $5,000, or
- 60-day fixed expenses up to a maximum of $10,000
- 11-15 employees
- $7,500 or
- 60-day fixed expenses up to a maximum of $15,000
- 16-20 employees
- $10,000, or
- 60-day fixed expenses up to a maximum of $20,000
- 20-25 employees
- $12,500, or
- 60-day fixed expenses up to a maximum of $25,000
Calculations to determine the number of employees will be determined based on employee headcount as reported to the Oregon Employment Department on Form 132, for Q4 2019 or Q1 2020.
Business information, ownership information and demographic information will be reported to the State for all applications submitted, reviewed, approved and/or denied. Information reported includes, but is not limited to:
- Name of company
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Oregon Business Identification Number (BIN)
- Amount of PPP, EIDL or other CARES Act funding awarded to the applicant
- Address of company
- Amount of State of Oregon COVID-19 Emergency Business Grant award
- Legal business structure
- Number of employees as of February 29, 2020
- Number of employees expected to be retained as a result of this award
For more information, visit www.willwp.org
For Immediate Release: September 15, 2020
Kim Parker-Llerenas, Executive Director, Willamette Workforce Partnership, Kparkeremail@example.com 503-703-7854
Renata Wakeley, Acting Executive Director, Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments firstname.lastname@example.org 503-540-1618