In its continuing effort to slow the transmission of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in McMinnville, the City has decided to move to online, telephone, and video services at the Permit Counter in the Building, Planning and Engineering Departments. We recognize that this could be an inconvenience and did not make the decision lightly.
Effective immediately, and extending through April 10, 2020 (at which time we will reevaluate the situation), the Community Development Center, 231 NE Fifth Street, is closed to walk-in customers.
We will continue to review and issue permits electronically, and have set up provisions for paying for permits with a credit card electronically. If you need to pay by check or pick up your permit in person, please call to make an appointment to do so.
To continue to offer service in all other areas, we are encouraging people to:
• Use electronic submittal’s or email (as applicable) for all permit applications.
• Drop off plans at the drop-off box by the front door of the Community Development Center.
• Make an appointment if you need an in-person consultation with an engineer, planner or building plans examiner. Appointment may be conducted via video conferencing.
• All visitors must comply with social distancing. Anyone who is coughing, appears to have a fever, or is having breathing will be asked to return at a later time.
If you need help from a staff member, McMinnville’s Building, Engineering and Planning staff are available to assist permit customers via phone and email during regular working hours.
Customers can visit the following webpages for staff contact information, additional information, and updates:
• Building Department: www.mcminnvilleoregon.gov/planning/page/planning-department,
Main Phone Line: 503-434-7314
• Code Compliance Dept: www.mcminnvilleoregon.gov/planning/page/planning-department, Main Phone Line: 503-434-7305
• Engineering Department: www.mcminnvilleoregon.gov/planning/page/planning-department Main Phone Line: 503-434-7312
• Planning Department: www.mcminnvilleoregon.gov/planning/page/planning-department,
Main Phone Line: 503-434-7311
The City continues to urge all community members to take steps to protect themselves and those who are most vulnerable to complications from COVID-19.
The City will continue to do its best to minimize any risks. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and will follow guidance from Yamhill County Public Health and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) to ensure community and employee safety.
Release Date: March 17, 2020
Contact: Heather Richards, Planning Director