Oregon Airstrip Attack: August 22nd-23rd, 2015
WHAT: ½ MILE SIDE BY SIDE EVENT AND TRAP SPEED COMPETITION.
WHEN: AUGUST 22ND & 23RD, 2015. GATES OPEN AT 7AM. MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING AT 8:00AM.
WHERE: MCMINNVILLE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT. 4000 SE Cirrus Ave, McMinnville, OR 97128
Shift-S3ctor and Revvolution are proud to announce our first inaugural Oregon Airstrip Attack at the McMinnville Municipal Airport August 22nd and 23rd, 2015.
Driver Registration and Spectator Tickets opens on May 22nd, 2015.We are limiting the number of vehicles and spectators at this event and expect to sell out quickly. Once we are full, registration will close and we will begin a wait list.
NOTE – IF YOU WISH TO COMPETE FOR A TROPHY IN EITHER TRAP SPEED (SATURDAY) OR ROLL RACING (SUNDAY), YOU MUST REGISTER AS A TROPHY COMPETITOR.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 22nd, 2015
– Open runs + Trap Speed Trophy Competition
On Saturday, there will be open runs throughout the majority of the day; run whoever you want. At the end of the day on Saturday, we will be having a Trap Speed Competition. This is only for those that elect to compete for the trophy competition (this must be selected at the time of online registration). At the end of the day, the top two Trap Speeds of the day in each class will receive 1st and 2nd place trophies. (For tech inspection and qualifying requirements, see below).
Trap Speed Competition Classes:
FWD Unlimited Naturally Aspirated
AWD Unlimited BMW/AMG
RWD Unlimited Sedan
Motorcycle Unlimited Overall Trap Speed Champion
SUNDAY, AUGUST 23rd, 2015
– Open runs + Roll Racing Trophy Competition
On Sunday, we will have open runs throughout the majority of the day again, but at the end of the day we will have a Roll Competition Bracket. The top 4 trap speeds in each respective class will be placed into the bracket. Similar to the Trap Speed Competition, those that wish to be placed in the bracket for the Roll Competition must elect a Trophy Competition Class at the time of online registration. Those competing will be required to meet a specific tech inspection and drivers must qualify* beforehand.
Roll Race Competition Classes:
FWD Unlimited Naturally Aspirated
AWD Unlimited BMW/AMG
RWD Unlimited Sedan
Motorcycle Unlimited Overall Roll Race Champion
WHO CAN COME:
This event is open to the public, however, participants must register their spot during Competitor Registration, and spectators must purchase tickets online. The event is open to all types of cars and all horsepower levels. Each registered driver may bring 2 guests/crew free of charge. All others must purchase spectator tickets here on our website. (Spectators will have the same general access as drivers and guests/crew). We are only selling a limited number of spectator tickets per day in order to meet our capacity requirements. If you are not a registered driver, a guest/crew of a registered driver, or have secured a spectator ticket, YOU WILL NOT BE LET IN THE GATE.
*Autos may do solo passes or race other autos.
*Motorcycles may do solo passes or race other motorcycles.
Autos and motorcycles may not race each other at this event.
PARTICIPANT/COMPETITOR REGISTRATION (OPENS MAY 22ND, 2015)
|August 22 & 23, 2015||Participant registration for both days||$450|
|August 22, 2015||Participant registration for Saturday only||$250|
|August 23, 2015||Participant registration for Sunday only||$250|
|Trophy Class Competitor||$30 per day|
*Each driver/rider registration includes a free T-shirt
NOTE: General driver/rider registrations will not be entered into Trophy competitions unless elected.
To be entered into either Trap Speed (Sat) or Roll Race (Sun) Trophy Competition is an additional $30 per day and must be elected at time of registration.
SPECTATOR REGISTRATION (OPENS MAY 22nd, 2015)
|August 22 & 23, 2015||Spectator for both days||$30|
|August 22, 2015||Spectator for Saturday only||$20|
|August 23, 2015||Spectator for Sunday only||$20|
To be announced.
WHAT TO BRING:
- It is mandatory to bring a helmet (Snell 2000+)
- Each participant is required to completely fill out and sign a waiver/self tech form (will be posted here)
- All vehicles attempting to go over 180MPH are required to do 2 solo passes at 180MPH, observed by tech staff, to ensure safety and stability. Only after will they be approved to go 180+mph.
- All vehicles that run over 199MPH require a mounted fire extinguisher, 4-point roll cage, and fire jacket.
- We recommend additional safety equipment FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS including but not limited to: Roll bar or full cage, fire suit and clothing/gloves, fire suppression system, hans or similar type of restraint for neck protection, arm restraints or window net
- You are responsible for ensuring the safety and capabilities of your car at this event
- All convertibles require roll over protection: either factory or an aftermarket roll bar
Cars must meet individual tech inspection to insure their safety for the competition. There are also qualifying requirements. *Although it is not required, it is HIGHLY recommended for Sunday roll race competitors to participate Saturday to qualify your vehicle so as not to take up time or be rushed on Sunday*
LICENSING/TECH RULES (AUTO):
CARS EXCEEDING 180+MPH:
It is required that all cars aiming to trap over 180+ go through our own independent tech inspection in addition to filling out your self tech form. This will occur on grid either before your first run or before your second run.
To be licensed to go 180+mph, each driver must do two solo passes (one in each lane) between 170mph and 180 mph. This is to ensure that you can do a safe pass at that speed as observed by our staff. Once we see you have accomplished two safe passes, we will issue you a wristband licensing you to go over 180+mph.
Qualifying for a license on Saturday will be good for both days of the event.
Licenses issued in our records to drivers at any previous Shift-S3ctor events will carry over. You do not need to go through licensing again if you already did at the last event, your car will still need to pass tech inspection. At our discretion, we may issue provisional licenses for certain individuals we have seen at past events accomplish these requirements already.
If you exceed 180MPH with a car that has not been through our tech inspection and/or you are not licensed to go over 180MPH, you will be restricted to sub 180MPH. If you continue to go beyond that, you will be removed from the event without refund.
CARS EXCEEDING 199+MPH:
Cars exceeding 199+ still must meet the 180+ licensing and tech requirements set forth above.
Additionally, cars exceeding 199+ MPH require a mounted fire extinguisher, 4-point roll cage, and fire jacket.
Again, we highly suggest additional safety gear such as a HANS Device, full race suit, fire suppression system, and full cage.
LICENSING/TECH RULES (MOTORCYCLE):
Motorcycles are permitted to do solo passes, as well as race other motorcycles. Motorcycles may not race cars for this event.
MOTORCYCLE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Clothing and Gear:
- Helmets must be full face, rated Snell M2005 or newer, with appropriate stickers. Shell, liner, and strap must be in sound condition. Shatterproof shields required with adequate visibility.
- Full leather racing suits are required. Leather gloves must be worn with no rips, tears, or openings other than breathing holes. Leather motorcycle boots must be worn and must cover higher than the ankle.
- Tires rated for top speed of motorcycle.
- Brakes, both front and rear, must be fully functional and in proper working order.
- Engine Kill Switch: Lanyard-style kill switch that kills all power in the event of a rider falling off.
- Breather Hoses: Crankcase breather hoses must run into a catch tank or into the air box.
- Steering Damper required for speeds greater than 140mph.
- Chains and Chain guard: Drive chains must have master link clip safety wired or silicone. Metal chain guard is required.
The event will proceed rain or shine and will run based on the safety of conditions.
There will be NO REFUNDS issued.
Mechanical malfunctions or catastrophic failures will not allow for refunds either.