You Matter. Amazing Care Every Time.
Once known as the McMinnville Hospital, owned by Doctor Elmer Goucher and a handful of other owners and physicians who brought exceptional talent, passion, and desire to the community. Over the years and change of hands came McMinnville Community Hospital, to today known as Willamette Valley Medical Center located at the center of Yamhill Valley. The Willamette Valley wouldn’t be the place it is today without Willamette Valley Medical Center’s innovation, dedication and support.
Making a Positive Impact on our Community
Willamette Valley Medical Center offers exceptional healthcare not just by small-town McMinnville standards, but recognized as the top 100 hospitals in the US. They are 1 of ONLY 117 other hospitals to continue to exceed top quality measures 5+ years in a row. The consistency speaks for itself and that is what they want the community to know.
At Willamette Valley Medical Center, our goal is to deliver amazing care everytime you visit our hospital. With the help of dedicated physicians, employees, volunteers and Board Members, along with the continued support of our community, we continue our passionate pursuit of excellence.
WVMC’s ultimate goal is to deliver the highest quality healthcare and make a positive impact on the communities they serve. WVMC offers many services and has been recognized for many services they do offer.
Here is how they support and give back to the local communities:
- 620+ Employees
- $48.1 Million in salaries in 2016
- 2017 iVantage “Top 100 Rural hospital”
- Leapfrog Group, 2016 “Rated A for Safety”
- Accredited Centers of Excellence
– WV Weight loss Surgery
– WV Joint Replacement Institute of Oregon
– WV Wound care and Hyperbaric Medicine
– WV Cancer Center
- Over $100,000+ to local non-profits in 2016
- Over 10,000 hours donated by physicians to proctor Medical School residents as they continue their training through multiple specialties
- Over $6 Million dollars in charity and uncompensated care given in 2016
- Founded and supports a sister hospital in Ghana through the Ghana hope foundation. Has given MRI machines and equipment to establish 4 operating rooms. Sent group of physicians to perform over 50 surgeries in 3 days.
- Sponsor and organize “Stuff the Bus” that collected 22,863lbs of food and 311 toys for the community
Core Values & Communication
WVMC’s focus on health for the community is perfectly stated in their mission statement: You Matter. Amazing Care Every Time.
This mission is driven by their core values of:
With keeping in mind, a healthy, thriving community, WVMC demonstrated an example of their focus on health for you. When they became the first facility in Oregon and one of the first in the United States to offer revolutionary 3D tomosynthesis mammography. This goes to show Willamette Valley Medical Center’s quality dedication to those whom they serve.
Willamette Valley Medical Center sees the Chamber as a valuable asset to the community of McMinnville and surrounding towns.
The Chamber is the “Hub” of reliable support and information on what is happening in the local community by keeping everyone in tune. Gathering information, distributing it, connecting businesses to businesses, employee to employee and Chamber member to Chamber member.