A Yamhill County Round 3 COVID-19 Business Grant Program is set to open on December 11, 2020.
This Yamhill County COVID-19 Business Grant Program was developed as a rapid way to get resources to businesses and nonprofit organizations that support Yamhill County residents and families who are most affected by the health, economic, and social impacts of COVID-19.
General Eligibility Information*
- The business was adversely affected in either one of the following two ways:
– The business was prohibited from operating as directed by Executive Orders 20-12 or 20-65.
– The business can demonstrate a one-month decline in sales of 25% or more, incurred by the COVID-19 pandemic, between March 1, 2020 and November 30, 2020, as compared against the same period of time in 2019. Have 100 or fewer FTE (full-time equivalent) employees as of 12/31/2019
- Be located within Yamhill County, is headquartered in Oregon and has its principal operations in Oregon.
- If required by Oregon law to be registered with the Oregon Secretary of State to do business in Oregon, the business is so registered
- Businesses who have received federal dollars, through the Paycheck Protection Program or the Economic Injury Disaster Loan, are able to apply for and receive these grant funds
- 501(c)(3) Nonprofits are eligible
- 501(c)(6) entities are not eligible
- The business had 100 Full-Time Employees (FTE) or less, as of December 31, 2019
- Priority will be given to the following businesses who also meet the general eligibility above:
– Those businesses in the tourism, hospitality, and event sectors including (Example: defined as restaurants, bars, wineries, breweries, lodging, caterers, and event rental companies)
– Those that had to close due to either of the Governor’s ordered Freezes (Examples: gyms/fitness, indoor rec, museums, indoor/outdoor entertainment, indoor/outdoor pools, sports courts, event venues, zoos, gardens, aquariums)
Up-to $10,000 per award
Application Process and 2-Phase Lottery System
- The application will be streamlined, online only, and have businesses self-certify that they meet the eligibility requirements
- Application period will be open from 12/11 to 12/18
- Once the application period closes, a two-phase lottery system will commence to ensure an equitable and fair distribution:
– First Lottery: Priority based round – priority-eligible businesses listed above**
- Any remaining funds will roll into the second, “open” lottery
- If this fund is over-subscribed, any unselected businesses will roll into the second, “open” lottery
– Second lottery: Open round – businesses who meet general eligibility above*, but who do not meet categories listed in priority eligibility**
- Award notifications will be issued on 12/28. All selected businesses and associated grant agreements will be in place by 12/31, allowing us to submit the report to DAS by 1/5
- Grant award checks will be issued by the County between December 31st and January 15th.
The online application portal will go live at 8:00am on December 11th and will close at 11:59pm on December 18th. Program details and the application portal can be found on the Yamhill County website under “Economic Development” > “COVID-19 Relief Grants” Yamhill County COVID-19 Response + Recovery Grant Program | Yamhill County, Oregon *Please note that (as of Dec. 5) the November grant program is still in process so the webpage will be updated in the next few days to reflect this new program. Your patience is appreciated.