There are several things you can do to protect your identification and password.
- Make your passwords long, strong and complex. That means at least twelve characters, with uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Avoid common words, phrases or information.
- Do not open emails or click links from unknown senders.
- Double check that no one is watching when you enter your username and password.
- Try to memorize your username and password rather than writing them down.
- If you do write down your username and password, store that document in a secure place.
- Do not share your username and/or password with others.
- Report any unusual account activity immediately.
- Do not give your information to anyone requesting it over the phone unless you have initiated the call.
- Always log out of the system when you are done.