Yesterday the Senate approved a bill to extend the PPP, loosening requirements on billions of dollars in forgivable loans made to businesses as a result of the impact of the virus. The bipartisan bill passed the House last week (417-1). The bill allows businesses that received PPP loans to spend 60% on payroll expenses versus 70% in the original law and use the funds for six months instead of 60 days. The proposal would extend to June 30th the deadline to rehire employees, push back the timeline to repay loans and allow companies that get loan forgiveness to defer payroll taxes. The bill was sent to President Trump for signature.
Yamhill County Health has notified us that they will open in Phase 2 on Saturday, June 6th. A copy of the letter from the Governor’s office is attached for you to review. There are 26 counties that have been approved now to enter Phase 2.
At a press conference yesterday, details for Phase 2 reopening were announced. Counties that enter Phase 2 will be able to continue with the reopening process, following updated health and safety guidance:
- Gathering limits will be raised to 50 people indoors, and 100 people outdoors.
- Indoor and outdoor venues, including theaters and churches, with 6 feet of physical distancing and other measures in place, can reach a COVID-19 occupancy limit of up to 250.
- Offices can begin reopening and employees can return to workplaces with physical distancing and other measures in place, though remote work is still strongly recommended whenever possible.
- Increased travel will be allowed throughout Oregon, though staying local is still recommended to prevent overloading county health systems.
- Restaurants and bars will have curfews extended to midnight.
- Pools and sports courts will be allowed to reopen under new guidance
- Indoor and outdoor activities such as bowling, batting cages, and mini golf, will be allowed to reopen under new guidance.
- Recreational sports can resume in a limited form, under strict physical distancing guidance.
You can find guidance for venues and event operators, and gatherings by clicking on these links: Reopening Guidance – Venue and Event Operators and Reopening Guidance – Gatherings. We have attached for you sector guidance for Phase 2. More information on reopening guidelines and county status for the phases can be found at coronavirus.oregon.gov