The economic injury assistance program that Governor Brown may request from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is called the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program. It can provide low interest working capital loans to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, and most private nonprofit organizations. Loans cannot be made to governmental entities, including Tribes. Further information can be found: 

SBA “ESTIMATED DISASTER ECONOMIC INJURY WORKSHEET FOR BUSINESSES.” Most of the form entries are clear, but business owners completing the form should be advised that: 

  • Despite the May 2010 form date on the bottom right corner of the Worksheet, it is the current version. 
  • Worksheets need to be fully completed, with all questions answered regarding business revenues, whether there was any business interruption insurance, as well as the comments section.  The comments section should indicate that the economic impacts are a direct result of COVID-19. 
  • The SBA has determined that the incident start date is January 31, 2020; the end date can (and will) vary from one business to the next and can be answered as “unknown” or “undetermined.” 
  • The worksheet is not an application for assistance. 
  • Completing a worksheet does not commit the business to later requesting the assistance, nor must a business complete a Worksheet in order to later request assistance. The Worksheets submitted merely give Governor Brown the evidence necessary to request an EIDL declaration from the U.S. SBA. 


SBA declarations are done by county, and once declared, the assistance is made available in contiguous counties, even across state lines. It is important we work with our Local Emergency Managers (LEM) to gather the forms, and this worksheet be submitted to the LEM by the end of this week. The managers can also answer eligibility and other clarifying questions. The LEM will forward the forms to the Oregon Emergency Management (OEM) agency. OEM is working with the Governor’s Office on the disaster declaration steps. In order to request assistance, Governor Brown will need a minimum of five Worksheets statewide that make a good case for economic injury, and at least one for each county that wants to be included in the declaration request. 

City of McMinnville and Yamhill County businesses will need to submit the form directly to our LEM, Brian Young, Director, Yamhill County Emergency The mailing address is 535 NE 5th St. McMinnville, OR  97128. 

For eligibility or clarifying questions, please contact Yamhill County Emergency Management at (503) 474-6300.